Wednesday, December 15, 2010

21st century

This is my second post of the day. Why? Because I have a lot on my mind...duh! So what I was just thinking about was how to some people, on some degree, color of skin still matters. No matter how many scientists tell us we're basically the same with small changes that helped us adapt over time, not everyone wants to look at it that way. I've heard silly things about how some ethnic groups just aren't as smart as others. To that I say, you are ignorant. Why would you love someone or even decide how smart they are based purely on the shade of their skin or some small facial features? Though racism is extremely frowned upon by quite a lot of people, and most of the time is practically non-existent, there are still just some of those people who say really offensive comments. Other races can assume that you're certain things because your skin is light or dark but what they think can be just mean or hurtful. It's all just a form judgement, something not fair and really rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment